Monday, February 2, 2009

39 weeks

Today was my final doctor's appointment and I am 39 weeks along. I am exactly 1 week from my due date and will be induced next Monday morning if nothing happens until then. I am dilated to 2 cm now and described as "soft." The doctor says I am ready to go. She admitted she was worried because I wasn't looking ready yet and if she did induce me not being ready, then my chances of a c-section were higher. So, she feels much better about where I'm at and feels next Monday will be definitely enough time if I don't go into labor before then. I think I'll take it easy this week then so I don't have any surprises. I like planned events, especially when my family is coming in town this weekend!
The good news is that my dad is bringing my grandmother (as previously planned) which means she is up for this trip even after losing my grandfather just last week. I will be happy to see her and my dad and my mom and sister are coming in as well. :)

9 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Johnson said...

I am so excited for you guys. Let me know if you need anything.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Yeah for baby coming soon! AND her room looks so cute. We look forward to seeing pictures of her.

April said...

I couldn't be more excited for you. I can't believe you are so dialated and soft. That is awesome!!!! I am excited to hear the news.

Your nursery looks so cute. You always do such a nice job.

Elieson Family said...

I check your blog every day to see if you've gone into labor...
Good luck Kinsey. It's never fun, is it, but man the moment they put that baby in your arms (all gooey and gross) your smitten. Or bitten? Ha ha j/k that happens with the nursing...
Anyhow, good luck, I'm rootin' for ya out here.

Shanan & Shannon said...

It's so exciting that you will be holding your precious little girl this time next week. Congrats, good luck, have fun, and keep us posted!

John and Laura said...

Hope all goes smoothly! Can't wait to hear some news!!

MawMille said...

Feel like I need to get on that plane right now.... Now don't have that baby without me!

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Hope you rested last night. Let me know if I can do anything for you.