Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More pics of the process...


David and I some time in the 13+ hr labor process. We are still smiling so that is a good sign. the waiting and the exhaustion was definitely the hardest part.


My twin sister, Keely, and I. Keely did such a great job taking pictures, video and being there for major support!



Drew has been so excited for his sister's arrival and he has kept that enthusiasm through meeting Dilan today. He arrived and had a big smile on his face when he saw her. He called her, "my baby sister," and asked me if she was sleeping. He wanted to get closer to look at her so he stood on the bed peering in at her. We helped Dilan give Drew a gift - of course, it was a new train - Rosie, who is described a lot like Thomas' younger sister, was quite a hit. He immediately wanted to open it, played with it, and has told everyone that Dilan gave him Rosie. He also wanted Dilan to play with Rosie but upon realizing she really couldn't yet, he said he'd play with her until Dilan could. I think he was concerned Dilan couldn't play trains with him yet.
He did want me to come home today from the hospital and has missed us all being at home. But he is in such a good mood and a happy boy now that his sister is here. One of the most precious moments today came when he was here and the baby starting really crying. He got a scared look on his face like he was very concerned and worried and I hugged on him while David calmed Dilan down. But he was very close to tears because she was so upset. He also has asked if he can climb on me again now that the baby is out of my belly. Things are going well with big brother, Drew!

10 comments:

T said...

You look beautiful Kinsey! You have that new mom glow! I'm so glad that Drew is already loving on his new little sister. I think she looks so much like you Kinsey, at this point. So funny that he's concerned about her disinterest in "train playing". Cute pics! What a happy family.

herb said...

He will be a great big brother, I'm sure of it! You and the baby looked great, not so sure about David, he looked a little worn out. May be because you ate all your breakfast without sharing?

Elieson Family said...

How fun. I think my youngest will sort of freak out when #5 comes in another week (or so.) I seem to remember the others patting my leg and saying "cry? cry? cry?" to inform me the newborn was crying. It really is sweet the way they connect, isn't it? Congratulations, and good luck with sitting, and visiting the powder room ;) the next few days. It's always my favorite part... aside from the distant hugs so no one will accidentally touch parts of you that seem to be VERY sensitive :) Ahhh, post-partum life!
You look FANTASTIC.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Congrats. You are a trooper. 13 HOURS! I am glad she is here and healthy. Drew is so sweet. Gotta love the sibling love that starts out so early. Congrats again!

Denisondays said...

Kinsey, you look great for just having a 13 hour labor! Drew looks so cute with his new baby sister, he will be an awesome brother.
Shelyse

Shanan & Shannon said...

Congratulations. God is so good.

David, Julie, Jack, Violet and Oliver said...

Congratulations! I finally thought of checking your blog to see if you posted anything yet, knowing it would be a bit early and suprise! you have the whole thing down in process!! Y'all are so funny, I love it:) The pictures are beautiful (good job Keely!) and you all look beautiful in them. I hope that your recovery is going well and that you get a little sleep. We'll call soon when things settle a little. Rosie- great idea Dilan :) Welcome home Dilan, we can't wait to meet you.

Hilarie said...

She is so beautiful and Drew looks so proud. Congrats!!

Candace said...

Kinsey I really miss you...you guys look great. Congrats again!! Dilan is a beautiful name and I love her middle name. Way to go Drew...It's awesome when they get along and there is no sibling rivalry. We really miss having Drew over to play. Congrats.

The Schaefer's said...

Too cute Kinsey! It's so nice that Drew wants to hold Dilan and be a sweet big brother. When my daughter was born, my son, Harrison, came into the room. I asked him if he wanted to hold his little sister. He said, "Nope, I'm good." I about died laughing. He wouldn't come near her for 2 weeks! It was too funny. Then, when she was about 3 months old, he tried to sell her. He wanted a little brother. Oh well, you can't please them all. Congratulations, I'm so excited for you!