Monday, February 9, 2009

At the hospital





We have arrived at the hospital and have started the process of having this baby! We got here just after 7:30 and they checked us in, we signed all the necessary paperwork, met our awesome nurse, Marjorie, got blood taken, IV started, and then they started the pitocin at 8:55 a.m. So, by 9 a.m. we are all set to have this baby today.
Drew was reminded we were having his baby sister today and he said, "I'm so excited." Hopefully, that is still true in a few days! :) We put on his big brother t-shirt and my mom and sister got him off to school. He was reluctant to take a final 3-member family photo this morning (as you can see in the pictures) but he definitely was willing to give us hugs and kisses bye. We both have had mixed feelings not having him with us today but we know he'd rather be at school and have his playdate with his friend, Megan, later on this afternoon. It's just hard to have such an event happening without him.
The dr. says I am dilated to a 3 so that is further along than I was with Drew when I got induced with him. They told me I can get my epidural whenever I say I am "uncomfortable" enough... that is a little scary. Because I got my epidural with Drew so early last time, I never really felt a thing! So, I am a little scared as to what I will actually feel today but I have had probably 3 contractions so far and they aren't too bad yet.
I never thought I'd be blogging and laboring at the same time but why not, right? This is a great way to journal this experience and have the details documented.
We couldn't be more excited to meet our precious daughter today and we have just been talking about what she will look like and of course, we've had discussions on her name.... still! :) But we appreciate everyone's support - my grandmother, my mom, dad, and sister are here plus we've gotten a lot of phone calls wishing us well!

6 comments:

herb said...

We were wondering how you were doing! I hope everything goes well for you guys! Just remember you'll be fighting for the top spot in David's life from now on, Kinsey! That little girl will have him wrapped around her little fingers in no time.

John and Laura said...

I was thinking of you this weekend. I hope everything goes well for you today! Can't wait to see pictures!

Johnson said...

Well, here is a blog comment wishing you well. We are so excited for you. Keep up updated.

That girl said...

Hey, good luck! I worked with Marjorie in the ER and she is great! have an awesome day, hopefully she'll be here by dinner!

Phillips Family said...

Good luck, and tell Drew he is a bit early to be dating...even if he is just playdating...let us know, we are really excited for you guys.

Hilarie said...

I LOVE that you and David were blogging through it! :)