Wednesday, February 4, 2009

False Labor

Okay, so last night I experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions... ever. Having no idea what contractions truly feel like, I have been anxious about feeling them. About 4:45 yesterday, my whole belly tightened as hard as a rock. It was like you could bounce a quarter off of it or it felt like a very full balloon that you just wanted to take a pin to and pop. It was uncomfortable but not painful. The thing is this lasted like 20 minutes or more - it did not release for all that time. I also had some lower pain like menstrual cramps but it wasn't regular and still didn't come in and out like contractions are supposed to do. But all in all, it was uncomfortable, probably more from my anxiety than anything and I spent the evening laying on the couch and not in a great mood. By the time I went to bed, I was feeling like myself again and didn't have anything happen overnight.
Ahhh! I only have until this weekend when my family gets here and then anything can happen. Let's hope she waits until then!

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I had a charlie horse in my calf last night at 3 in the morning...i am sure it was just like that...(sarcasm dripping). Hope all goes well, we look forward to seeing some pics of the newest addition.

Candace said...

how exciting....you make me think of when i had emmy!!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I cant wait to see pics of you new little one!!

Brian and Mary said...

I can't wait to see the upcoming photos of the newest family member:) Keep us posted! We are so excited for your family. Just wait till you have three..it's a whole new world.

Elieson Family said...

It's so weird you want to wait so much. Usually I'm just dying to have the baby out. This time 'round I'm doing better, I don't want his appearance until he's fully baked. Last week I had a bunch of false labor which lasted almost all night. Nothing new with me now though. I'm so excited for you. How did you never feel contractions with your first time? Did you have c-section and I just forgot?