Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Last night was our ward's Trunk or Treat activity. We had a good time with so many friends and David and I were talking again today how much we really like our ward here. We had some great chili and cornbread to start off the activity and then we all went outside for candy and fun. At first, Drew just wanted to be with his friends and kept telling me he had enough candy, even though he had like 3 pieces. So, we had to warm up to going to car to car to say, "trick or treat," and "thank you" for the candy. But he did pretty well. Then, David took over and went with Drew and Drew was saying he had enough candy again! But he did do a few cars with David and we called it a night. Surprisingly, we ended up running out of candy as I didn't know the older kids come around several times! So, next year we'll know only to give out one piece of candy at a time. Anyway, what fun we had with everyone and such a nice night!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

what an awesome Thomas he was! didn't you teach Drew how to be all cute and beg people for candy so when Halloween comes, you just give out the candy he got at the Trunk or Treat? Well, I hear some people do that! j/k. I totally do that!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Our trunk or treat is coming up too! Cant wait to see what Owen will do!! I loved the video of Drew singing!

April said...

Drew looks so darling. I love the concept of trunk or treat. I wish our ward did it here.

By the way...I am so excited for you and your baby girl. I love your cute pregnant updates and you are still so tiny. Yeah for you!!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Cute Thomas! I think it is so cute how much he loves Thomas. Our trunk or treat is tomorrow, kind of weird night but the ward stopped doing the several years ago so my friend in the YW presidency made it a joint activity that the youth are putting on for the primary. I am excited.

Phillips Family said...

I am a little shocked that Drew went as Thomas the train...just shocked!! JK..he looks great. Why wasn't david dressed up as a train?

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Thanks for the cutest outfit ever! I need your address please. Will you email it to me..lesrutledge@hotmail.com...thanks again!

Johnson said...

JJB tomorrow? Same time? I will be there. Just a reminder.