Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, David!!!

David turned 31 years old today - we celebrated by going to the air show yesterday (more pictures to come), seeing TX beat OU (Go Horns!), going to Chili's for dinner last night all because they have good ribs and David's favorite dessert, and me making a homemade ice cream cake (my first time) for after church today.

Above is a picture of Drew and David chowing down on dessert at Chili's.

Here is David and Drew with the homemade ice cream cake I made. There is no Baskin Robbins here so we had to do with my attempt to recreate one of their cakes. It all went very well until I decided to substitute hot fudge for the "icing" as opposed to cool whip. Yes, you can see in the picture, it started melting as it went off the sides of the cake but it still tasted good! We invited the Homer family over for cake - they are a family that moved into our ward right after we did and they are so nice and friendly. We are really enjoying getting to meet new people here and making new friends.
Drew blowing out the candles with his Dad. Drew is so good at singing, "Happy Birthday," now - it's adorable.


Happy 31st Birthday, David. We love you so much!

4 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Who needs Baskin Robins. That cake looks so good and I don't even eat ice cream.

Happy birthday to David.

Mann's said...

Happy Birthday David!!! The cake looks amazing Kins... By the way Drew is adorable!!!

Chris & Ash

Kelly said...

David is sooo old. If I was him, I'd just give up and crawl in a hole. Wait a sec. I just turned 31 too. Man, I'm sooo old.

Phillips Family said...

Happy Birthday David. Hope you had a good one.