Wednesday, October 15, 2008

23 weeks

I had my doctor's appointment on Monday and everything still looks good with this little one. She had a strong heartbeat in the 150s and was found very low. In fact, I had told the doctor she is sitting way lower than Drew and come to find out that is where she was when the dr. found her heartbeat. I also commented that David can't quite feel her move yet and the doctor said that should happen over the next month.
We also talked about getting a date on the calendar to induce me - somewhere between Feb. 2 and my due date, Feb. 9, so my family can start making their plans to come for her arrival!
We are still working on naming her - Drew's vote is for Dilan Camille as he told us that's his favorite. We'll see. But I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy, only a 9 lb gain at this point, and a healthy baby so far.

7 comments:

Kirwin said...

How about the name 'Drusila'? Drew and Drusila. No?

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

9 lbs, seriously???? That is pretty impressive. I shudder to think what I have already gained...although I feel less hippo like in this pregnancy then any other, so maybe things aren't as dire as I think! That is a great name, by the way!

Wendy said...

Looking good!! I think I gained 9 lbs too as sympathy weight! Can I do that all the way over in Texas?! Good luck picking out a name! What about Dada--it's African for Curly Hair. Or Dagan which is German for Maid. I think these are both good picks!!!

Some other good names:
Dakeitha--means wood
Dalal--Arabic for Modest
Dalmar-African for Versatile

My #1 pick:
Damh--Gaelic for Fawn!

Amy Pratt said...

OK Wendy is seriously hilarious..I wonder how long it took her to look up all those "great" baby girl names!!! As I told Devo this morning...I LOVE Dilan for a girl..how about the spelling Dilann with the double "n" like "ann"...just a thought. And by the way you ROCK on only gaining 9 pounds!

Elieson Family said...

I don't know if you read my response to your note, but the girl name we were going to use was Milinda. For the Spanish translation (instead of traditional Melinda). And I was going to call her Mimi for short.
Yeah, that 9 lbs. thing is messing with my confidence! I didn't realize we were only 3 weeks a part. That's awesome.

John and Laura said...

You look great! You don't even need me around to pester you into walking at the YMCA! Can't wait to see you in December

Candace said...

Love the baby bump...I was hoping you would post one...so cute! Congrats on only gaining 9lbs!!! Glad that everything is going well. Miss you guys.