Friday, October 3, 2008

Ranchero Mexi-Chicken Crostada

So, I tried a new recipe tonight - it was on the Picky Palate blog that I found on Laura J.'s blog. It was very simple to make and it was good too. David really liked it and I am excited to try new recipes so we have different things to eat. I did have to add some sour cream and some lettuce on top so I liked it better. But any mexcian food I eat, I pretty much add things all the time.

I posted the picture I took when it came out of the oven and the picture below on the Picky Palate blog and surprisingly they turned out quite similar. Wow, something that didn't take a lot of time to make, was easy, I had all the ingredients (Rachel Ray's recipes make me want to cringe because I never have the kinds of things she cooks with) and it passed the test with David. YEAH! New things to eat! :) Thanks, Laura, for a good site to get great ideas from.

6 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

This looks so yummy and it's not because I'm hungry I just ate about a 1/2lb. of peanut butter M&M's. We need to go get some Mexican.

Spencer said...

So that looks very impressive and delicious--but I have to say ... is that really a meal for picky eaters?

Amy Pratt said...

thanks for the great link to picky palate..i love all her ideas...yummy stuff! Did drew eat the mexican dish? I think my kid would revolt at the look of it...but i'm sure it was yummy. can't wait to try one of her recipes..esp. the treats!!! Miss you guys!

Jenkinson Family said...

I made this a couple of weeks ago. We all loved it.

Phillips Family said...

that looks so amazingly good. I need that recipe!! We are pigs and would absolutely destroy it.

Lisa said...

You little chef! Good job!