Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fire Truck Day

Today was Fire Truck Day at Drew's school. Unfortunately because of the heavy rain, the kids didn't get to go inside the actual truck but they still had the presentation by the firefighters and got to see the truck. Drew wore his fire truck t-shirt his Mimi (david's mom) gave him - he loved wearing it and the firemen even noticed his shirt!
The firemen making their presentation. They had the kids come up to the guy with the gear on but I admit, he looked a little scary.
Drew watching the presentation, not knowing I am there just yet.
He sees me now (although he refuses to look directly at me) as he stands up with his class to go outside to see the fire truck.
Walking in line with his class - he is smiling now and is happy I am there.

Standing in line with his classmates waiting to go outside.
Drew and his class in front of the firetruck.Drew posing in front of the truck with his fire truck t-shirt on.I have to say it was totally worth it going and taking pictures. Not a whole lot of parents were there - but I wouldn't miss it. I am so grateful to be at home and be able to come to the things Drew has at his school!

2 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

What a fun day and a cute little boy. Does he want to be a fireman now?

MawMille said...

So cute! He looks so big in his class. He goes right along with what is expected of him. I know he is loving all the exposure he is getting to knew things.