Friday, October 24, 2008

Tagged!!

My friend, Laura H., tagged me (by the way, I think tags are a lot of fun!) so here are 7 weird/interesting things about me or that have happened to me:

1. David and I have never had a Christmas tree is the almost 8 years we have been married, nor have we ever spent a Christmas at our own house. We are always at our family's home for the holidays which is what we prefer.
2. I was a drill instructor in the band my senior year of high school - yes, I taught freshman how to march and play their clarinets at the same time!
3. I always played "school" when I was little. I loved that my grandmother worked at an actual school and gave Keely and I all her extra supplies like real tardy slips, attendance sheets, etc. My mom said I loved playing 'teacher' and she saw that I wanted to become a teacher and steered me away from that because they didn't make enough money (my mom was a teacher for years). Little did she know, I'd become a therapist and let's be honest, some teachers make more $ than what I got offered coming out of graduate school.
4. I played on an intramural flag football team in college and then David and I played on a team with both our brothers (and my sister's boyfriend at the time) right after we got married.
5. Everyone was in the room with me when Drew was born - the list includes David, my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law, my grandmother and yes, even my Dad! It was such an amazing experience that hopefully, we can have a repeat when this little girl is born.
6. At the age of 27 (and david being 25) we purchased our very own burial plots - I think that is kind of strange! We may not own much but we do have two very nice pieces of land in a cemetery in Texas.
7. I never like to see a movie twice - it's totally boring to me if I know what's going to happen next. So, we never buy movies (except for Drew of course) but rarely see movies either.

I am supposed to tag 7 people so I decided to tag some of my new Georgia friends who blog to find out more about them: Tiffany W., Jenise C., Laura J., Jaimee K., Shelyse D., Melissa T., and Lyn H. If you've already done this one, no worries; it's just fun!

4 comments:

The Henry Family said...

WOW! You really are an "INTERESTING" individual! JK. Love the drill instructor. You must have been one cool kid in high school. Thanks for being a good sport and doing the tag!

Wendy said...

nice to learn new things about my sis-in-law! you forgot the part about shopping at 4am on the day after thanksgiving!!! j/k when are ya'll coming to texas?

John and Laura said...

Can I tell you how much I miss having you close? I can't wait to see you in December!!

MawMille said...

Yes, I remember you playing school. You used to read to your imaginary students and show them the pictures in your book. So cute....