Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Raymond Edward Drouet 1920-2009


My grandfather passed away last night. My dad said it was a very peaceful experience - one minute he was breathing and then there was a long pause, Pop took one last breath and it was over. My dad said he was in no pain and he was ready to go. I got the phone call around 1 a.m. and my dad's calm demeanor over the phone made hearing the news that much more peaceful. It's still very hard not being there - David can't go either because at this point, I could give birth any day now.
I am so fortunate to have grown up with my grandparents in my life. When other families were taking vacations, we were at my grandparents house always spending time with cousins and extended family. When other kids were doing summer camps, we were visiting our grandparents for 2 weeks every summer. What a blessing in my life to have truly known my grandfather, to know about his life and to have a relationship with him. He will be missed greatly by all of us who knew him and loved him very much.

11 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

What a special tribute and I'm so glad you have such fun memories. I guess that cute little girl needs her great grandpa to help send her to Earth. I know that doesn't make you feel better but I'm sure they must be together right now sharing.

Johnson said...

I am sorry for your loss. That is a great picture. He looks like such a nice guy. I am glad he went peacefully.

Jenkinson Family said...

Sorry for your loss.

Shanan & Shannon said...

I am so sorry for your loss Kinsey. Sounds like your Granddad was one great man. May those memories heal your pain in time and always bring a smile to your face.

Mandy said...

I'm thinking about you, Kinsey.

LeAnn said...

Love the beautiful picture of your grandparents Kinsey. What a blessing your memories will be to you and your family.

Candace said...

kinsey, i'm sorry that you couldn't be there...we are thinking of you and have you in our prayers.

Warth Family said...

We are always thinking about you and your family. Our prayers go out to you and your family at this time. This is the perfect time to be thankful for our Heavenly Father's plan. Families are Forever!

CJ said...

My prayers are with you, and your family. Losing your grandpa right now is hard, so take the time to write your memories down, for you and your children. Keep your chin up.

Lisa said...

Sorry for your loss, Kinsey. We are definitely thinking of you every day!