Sunday, January 4, 2009

A new SUNBEAM!!!

Drew is officially in Primary now at church. He is no longer in the nursery but has his own 3-yr old class called the Sunbeams. He was so excited to be a Sunbeam today. The whole primary sang, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam," to welcome the new Sunbeam class and all of the Sunbeams stood up there and sang. Drew loved it and sang very proudly.
This is also his teacher, Sister Kartchner (who is a friend of mine!), with Drew on his first day of class. He loves her already and kept saying her name to me when we got home. Sister Kartchner asked each Sunbeam to bring their own Book of Mormon to class so I made sure and put Drew's name on the outside of it. While the primary was singing each song, he kept grabbing his Book of Mormon, opening it and acting like he was singing out of the hymn book. I guess I need to teach him that the hymnal is green and the scriptures he has are blue!
We are so happy to see Drew growing up and participating in church. It makes for a very proud parent day to say the least! :)

5 comments:

Candace said...

can you believe that they are sunbeams....time flies too fast. Maddy loves sunbeams. She came home with a crown and wore it all day. I'm glad they are adjusting well...I don't know about me...:)

That girl said...

pull the picture! I wish you would have told me what I looked like today. I promise that if you pull the picture I will come over tomorrow and retake a picture with Drew. I AM NOT KIDDING!

LeAnn said...

I love the picture of Jaimee & Drew. I love that she asked them to bring a book of mormon to class. I love that we are blessed enough to have her work in young women's too!
Congratulations on a new milestone Drew!

Jenkinson Family said...

He did a great job! I got to sit near him for a while and he was so happy to be in there.

Johnson said...

You are so good to think to take a picture of his first day in primary. Jake and Drew were so cute jumping up and down to 'Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam.' Glad you guys are back. We'll have to get together. I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left. And, Jaimee, your picture is fine.