Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting ready for Baby

I thought I'd document some things we are doing getting ready for the baby. Drew has all of a sudden gotten interested in his baby doll we gave him a few years ago and he's been feeding the baby at the table when he eats. He also recently asked me, "When is my baby sister coming out?" Of course, it may be because I told him his baby sister wasn't coming until after Christmas and he's figured out Christmas is over. :)

Drew is also learning to go pee on the potty without our help at all. So, he goes in there all by himself and does his thing. I imagine this will be critical when I am feeding the baby, etc.
And just recently, he's been asking me to feed him his food saying he can't do it. So, some of the regression has begun but hopefully we'll get it out of the way a bit before she arrives.

3 comments:

herb said...

Yay for Drew! Going potty all by himself is a big step. Looks like he's going to be your little Mr Mom.

turlington clan said...

its hard when u have another baby with a 3 yr old. we were in the middle of potty training gavin before aiden came and when he came gavin was back to wanting diapers and a bottle and a pacifier! but drew is older so he'll def be better. thats so cute that he wants to help. gavin trys to help but he just kinda yea its not really helping haha. good luck. if u need anything let me know!

T said...

What a big helper! Looks like the little baby doll is enjoying every minute of it as I'm sure his little sister will.