Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Christmas

We also had a wonderful Christmas with my family! We stayed a few days before Christmas with my mom and her husband, Sam. The boys played golf Christmas Eve morning and then we all pitched in to make a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner that night. We opened our presents where Drew got a Thomas scooter and helmet as well as Cranky - the crane from the Thomas series - from my mom which is what he totally wanted. He was a happy little boy. He got new Thomas winter pjs from us as well. I got a whole new set of towels and the best new Chanel make-up brushes from my mom. David got a golf push-cart which was on his list but he had no idea he was actually getting. It was a lot of fun! The best part as always is giving our gifts out and enjoying our family getting their things we have been planning for months to give them.

On Christmas day, we went over to my dad's for an afternoon Christmas dinner where my grandparents were there as well. My dad cooked a very tasty meal of course and then we opened gifts there. It's always fun to get items from my grandmother as she passes down her collective things and my dad is so good at buying the kids their gifts! I don't know how he does it but he always gives Drew things he doesn't have and things Drew gets excited about. It was a great time and we were even able to go over the next day as well and spend more time with them.

We had such a good trip home for the holidays. Thanks to all of our family and friends who made it very special!!!

2 comments:

April said...

I love all your Christmas pictures. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And Drew's room looks so cute. I love reading your updates and looking at pictures of your cute family. Drew is getting so big. I can't believe it.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Looks like a fun Christmas. Glad you are home. We have missed you.