Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

Last year I had a blast on Black Friday shopping with my sister-in-law, Wendy, and my mother-in-law, Colleen, for the first time ever. They really did initiate me into the whole experience. So, in honor of them, I was determined to join in this year.
Well, I looked and looked for something I wanted or needed that was worth getting up so early and going all by myself for. This was it. I decided I'd go to Walmart and get some Christmas pajamas for Drew. They were only $4/pair so I bought the Thomas ones for this year and the Mickey Mouse ones for next year. But I was disappointed with the fact that Walmart only has the specials they put in their ads, nothing more than that. And it was a madhouse - you couldn't even push your cart around so I abandoned mine half-way through. I left only spending 25 minutes there and $8 which I think is great but I would have loved to get a discounted Christmas tree which was decent or something I just couldn't refuse and there wasn't any of that. I have pretty much finished my Christmas shopping already getting good deals and I wasn't going to travel to the next town over for anything either. So, I did it - I experienced another Black Friday but it wasn't near as thrilling.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Walmart is nuts! Mom, Wendy and I hit it big in Academy!!! Glad you came out unscathed! Can't wait to see you guys! You look beautiful!

Warth Family said...

What? I can't believe ya'lls Walmart had Thomas. We had Transformers which is a good second place. Buying for next year, does that mean your not setting out into the Black Friday madness next year?