Friday, November 14, 2008

27 weeks

I had a doctor's appointment this week, and it went well. The baby's heartbeat was slower, in the 130s, but healthy and strong. She has definitely moved more towards the middle of my belly instead of sitting so low, thank goodness. Although I am still experiencing pain in my lower pelvic bones.
The doctor asked me how I felt entering my last and final trimester, and I am definitely feeling like things have gone by fast. It seems the first trimester you don't feel well, the second one goes by before you know it and then the third one is the uncomfortable stage. I am starting to feel uncomfortable, but I know it only gets harder so I am maintaining positivity and appreciating everything.
I am regretting letting David convince me we could "really use" the king-size bed during this pregnancy. It all sounded good to have more room, although David would admit he was the one it really sounded good to, because I simply am having a hard time moving around in it. In order to get close to David, I have to roll over literally and it takes SO much effort and then to reach anything on the nightstand is a whole other story. But I know it will be heavenly after the baby arrives, right? :)
So, the last bit of news is that the doctor gave me two dates to choose from to have this little one. Feb. 3 or Feb. 9 (my actual due date) are the dates my doctor is on call, and I can be induced. I'd like to choose my due date, but I do fear I'd go early and my family would not be here as they are planning. Drew was induced one day before my due date, and I didn't have any signs he'd come early, but apparently each birth is so different and unpredictable. The date of 2/9/09 is pretty easy to remember and dates more towards the beginning of the month, I tend to have a harder time remembering. David seems to think there is no reason to have the baby come any earlier than she needs to which I agree with as well. It is also a bit further away from the holiday season which is always good too. So, what do you think? You can vote in my new poll up in the right-hand corner!

7 comments:

Mann's said...

The only reason I picked it to go earlier is this...I have my birthday really close to Valentines day and when girls have a birthday and Valentines day so close together they get JIPPED! I hated it! So a little space would be nice.

That girl said...

You should be induced on Feb second. That is Ryan's birthday and easy to remember. She is our little groundhog, I just don't know if she saw her shadow or not.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

I think that Feb. 3rd would be a great date. :) As the saying goes -why put off till "next week" what you can do "this week". Okay so maybe week isn't really in there but you get my drift plus I really like Feb. 3. It's a good day.

Jenise said...

I think that you should have her on the date that feels more comfortable to you. I totally get the whole Christmas thing. I have one bday in Nov. and one in Jan and I can't stand how close they are to Christmas.

LeAnn said...

Lookin good Kinsey!
I vote for the 8th:)

Elieson Family said...

Okay Kinsey, I'm 25 weeks and I looked like your photo about 3 months ago! What gives?! You look so little!! My next visit is tomorrow, and because I really dislike the last 2 months, I'm trying to forget about how far away the birth really is:) Luckily I've got the holidays to keep me busy and excited. I like numerical sequences that are interesting, so I voted for the 9th.

Candace said...

Feb 9th is Maddy's birthday!! I vote for closer to your due date!