Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nashville trip

This past weekend we went to Nashville, TN! We met my dad & his girlfriend as well as my sister and her fiance up there. Last year, my dad had given all of us kids a free trip anywhere his miles would fly and Keely and I chose to go together on a trip but it took us over a year to plan it all. We stayed at the Union Station hotel which Drew loved because of course it was an old train station and there were trains still running near it. It was actually a beautiful hotel and we loved staying there.
Friday night we went to the Grand Ole Opry and saw the performers there and Saturday night we went to the Rice/Vanderbilt football game. It was so much fun. We also got to explore Vanderbilt campus and go to many great places to eat that Keely remembered from college. David, Drew and I took our own exploration trip to see the Nashville temple as well. We just had a wonderful time and Drew could not have been in a happier mood to see family. We miss them already.

3 comments:

Johnson said...

Cute pics. It looks like you guys had a fun trip. I like your girly pink backgound too. Very appropriate. So, I don't have your email address, so I have to post it on your blog as a comment. So, we are going to Inman Farm this weekend for their "Heritage Days". It is free and we are going Sat. morning (aiming for 9:45). Here is the website with directions. http://www.inmanfarm.com/. Thought you might be interested. We would love to hang out with you guys. They are going to have all sorts of farm type activities and tractors that I am sure Jake is going to love. No sweat if you can't make it. Also, can I get your email address?

Phillips Family said...

How far are you from Tennessee? I would love to make a visit down there...maybe someday soon.

Wendy said...

looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!