Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!

Yes, we are having a girl! It was difficult to see at first because she had her legs closed. I really thought we were going to walk out of that ultrasound not knowing either way still. David jokingly said, "It must be a girl, the baby is being so modest!" But eventually we saw the three white lines that indicates a baby girl and all of a sudden the tech was stopping the image and labeling it a "female." So, it's official. We are going to have a daughter!

We are very excited and realize how fortunate we are that this baby is very healthy and that we are going to be able to experience having both a boy and now a girl. We have no name for her yet, but I am sure we can figure that out by the time she arrives in February... at least I hope so! :)

We plan to tell Drew together tonight for our FHE lesson and videotape it. He has been saying all along he wanted a baby sister so either he knew it all along or his wishes have come true. :)

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah!! Like I told Dave, "Let the shopping begin!" Are you sure it's not a boy with a really small package?? I mean, that's just something to think about! j/k. Congrats! It's so exciting!

Johnson said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. I love having one of both. It is so much fun.

Amy Pratt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Pratt said...

Congrats again! We are all so excited for you! Just beware Kinsey that this little girl will have her dad wrapped around her finger!! PS love the girly pink background on the blog..so cute!!!

Shanan & Shannon said...

Who hoo!!! Congrats Kinsey. Isn't it amazing how little siblings know what they are having!?! Cole always said that he wanted a little brother and that that's what he was going to get...sure enough! We are thrilled for you. God is so good. Keep those pictures coming! I'll keep reminding you-:)

Phillips Family said...

Hey, Congratulations, we are super excited for you!!! A girl for Dave and Drew to torment...life couldn't be better.

Louise said...

Yeah for girls!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Yea!! That is wonderful. The girls will love getting to know that cute baby.

The Youngs said...

Hey Kinsey, I am so excited I can hardly wait that is so awesome. I hope everything is going great. I am sorry we havent talked for awhile, things are always crazy at this house. I am sorry I missed your call today. I sure do miss you and would love to talk so give me a call sometime. Congrats again that is so great. Love ya and miss ya tons Julie

herb said...

Congratulations you two! Now the name hunt starts all over, huh? I suggest you have a big blog contest for girl names and the winner gets to pay towards her college tuition!

David, you're in for a treat!

Jenkinson Family said...

How exciting. Drew will love having a baby sister to take care of. Shay Jenkinson from church