Friday, September 26, 2008

Name Game

Okay, so we don't have a name still for this baby girl. I honestly think we might be one of those people who waits until she's born only because we have no idea! That will drive me crazy. I know some people say babies look like certain names but all I can remember with Drew was that he didn't look like anything other than "baby." So, I don't think that method is going to work for us.
So, here is where we are. We kind of had this idea that since David and Drew were "D" names, we'd name all our boys names that start with the letter D. So, then David wanted to name our girls with "K" names like my name, Kinsey. But nothing is really sticking. We were going to name Drew, Keira, if he was a girl and David still likes that. I have just seen it used more in the last 3 years and seen more kids with that name.

I would like to name her close to my sister's name, Keely, so we've thought of Kaylee, Kiley, Kallie... but still nothing seems like "it." I really love the name Kerrington (saw it on the show, So you think you can Dance, this summer) and actually, David likes it too but thinks it's too long with Pistorius. And then finally, we like the name, Dilan, for a girl but David's mother has already begged us not to name her granddaughter a boy's name although David tried to tell her Drue Barrymore played a character named Dilan in Charlie's Angels some years ago.

So, there you have it... many of you have asked and that is where we are. I am not saying we won't go with one of the names above but it just has to feel right and at this point, nothing does yet. AHHH! I am kind of scared we won't feel that way about any name which would be awful but I know we still have time left to have the moment we just know that is what she is supposed to be named.

Something we actually do know is her middle name which will be Camille, after my mom.
Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas and opinions are welcome! :)

6 comments:

Johnson said...

Ok, so I don't think people's suggestions ever really helped me too much. Usually I had already thought through the names they suggested and had already ruled them out. But, you asked for some help, so here goes. I like the name Kristen, but it is common and you have probably ruled it out. However, I think it sounds really good with your last name. I had my sister over here today and she said that there was a little girl she knew and her name was Calla (pronounced like the flower Calla Lilly) I really liked it. You could slap a "K" on the front of it. So maybe Kalla. But I think people would not ever know how to pronounce it. Laura is always a good one. And L is right after K. So, that works. Right? I know...not much help.

Laura Law said...

It sounds like you need some light-hearted humor to ease your burdens. Here is my favorite baby-name book. It's called "Don't Name Your Baby". Mostly it helps you know what to avoid so you're child won't be ridiculed for life :)
Personally, I liked your Kerrington idea. Maybe it will help her be an exceptional speller! Or call her Kiara--then you can satisfy Keeley and Laura at the same time.

herb said...

Don't sweat it! You will know it when it's time. Just stop worrying about it. The only one of ours we were absolutely certain (well, truth be told I was) was Sophie. The others we struggled almost as much as you guys did.

T said...

Kaymee, Keegan, Kinley (yours and your sisters name put together). I am sure it will come to you. You have a few months.

Phillips Family said...

I like Camille...but for obvious reasons. What about something french...like Keesh. Just kidding.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I loved Kerrington's name when I saw it on SYTYCD, but I know how hard it is to find the one that sticks, especially when people put in their two cents. PS eventually your daughter will get married, so it won't be matched up with Pistorius forever.