Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Plan

We have an official plan for Drake's birth now. I have been scheduled to go in Monday night, October 25 (also Drake's due date) at 8 p.m. They will give me cervidil, a medicine to soften my cervix, in order to prepare for the baby's birth on Tuesday. Tuesday morning, October, 26, they will start me on the petocin to induce labor and hopefully, I'll have this baby by 'midday.' With Drew and Dilan, I didn't have to have cervidil and I simply went in the morning to get all of this going but I also didn't have my babies until almost 11 p.m. So, I'm hoping this baby will get an earlier debut than nighttime!

The doctor has assured me the baby is ready to come, but it's just my uterus that isn't ready. So, I'm okay with this process even though it is different this time around. Sometimes, I wonder how late I would go with each of these kiddos if I just left it up to nature. But it's worth it to me to have a plan especially when I don't live near family, my family is flying in for the birth, I have small kids at home, and I really do fear going into labor in the middle of the night when I just moved here and don't want to call anyone in the middle of the night.
My family will start coming in on Saturday and the rest on Monday! Can't wait to meet this little guy - one thing I know for sure is that he will be very loved by his mom and dad!!!

3 comments:

Ash said...

Good Luck, Kinsey! I can't wait to hear about and see pictures of him! Here's to a pleasant birthing experience.

Kristine Pratt said...

So nice to have a plan! Excited to hear how it all goes. Good luck!!!

Sherie said...

Yay! We look forward to seeing pictures!