Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake

One of the things I have been wanting to do since we got here was to go to Georgetown Cupcake. When an invitation with some ladies from church came along, I had to take them up on it! Even being less than a week from my due date, I ventured into town (Bethesda) with them to get my hands on these famous yummy treats. If you've never heard of them, they are a very successful gourmet cupcake place that started here in D.C. just some years ago by two sisters, and they even got their own show on TLC this past summer.

Dilan and me in the store after we placed our order
Outside with cupcakes in hand!
and yes, my belly looks like a very big round beach ball now. :)
At home for our taste test:
Chocolate ganache, Lemon, Chocolate regular
Red Velvet, Chocolate sprinkles, Salted caramel
My favorite was the chocolate ganache but surprisingly I also loved the lemon one! Drew ate the chocolate sprinkles cupcake because he loves sprinkles but he also doesn't love frosting and it didn't have a lot on it. I figured out the secret to these cupcakes is definitely the frosting and how moist they are. It's so fun to try so many different flavors!!!

3 comments:

Johnson said...

Those look sooo good! And you look great! Hope your nesting "to do" list is getting wrapped up. I'll be thinking of you Monday!! Hope all goes well!!

Phillips Family said...

OH man...After we had Grady and didn't have much to do but sit around for three weeks, we would watch the DC cupcakes show on TLC for hours. Adam got so sick of it...plus, it made us hungry all the time.

Kristine Pratt said...

So fun! I have been to Bethesda, that's where my friend lived when we went to visit DC.