Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Morning is nigh, and baby is not...

So, Kinsey is now done with the Cervadil, and is waiting for the petocine drip to start in about the next 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the Cervadil didn't help all that much, she is still dilated to a 2, so I'm pretty disappointed that we didn't get our money's worth out of that one. I'm sure that little present will cost Drake his first semester's books. That's right folks, I'm going to make our kids pay us back for their birthing expenses (I keep it all in an Excel Spreadsheet, signed and dated so there is no confusion!!!)

Kinsey didn't get to sleep too much last night and has been laboring now for 12 hours. The doctor is optimistic that after about an hour on the petocine, she'll break Kinsey's water, then "it moves pretty quickly from there." I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

There is some concern on Kinsey's part that the epidural isn't going to happen fast enough. I think she's ready for it now, but the doctor prefers she wait until after the water is broken. I don't know if Kinsey will make it that long before the pain gets too intense.

I'll post again after the petocine drip gets started and we get some real movement!

1 comments:

Johnson said...

Thanks for updating us. Hope all goes well....and quickly.