Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So, tell me...

Every day after school when I pick Drew up, our conversation goes like this:
Me: "So, tell me about school today." (He proceeds to tell me sometimes a lot of information or sometimes even very little) Our conversation proceeded like this today:
Drew: "I played with Hayden for a very long time."
Me: "Really? What do you like about Hayden?"
Drew: "Well, he makes good choices. He is a good helper to me. And he makes my heart feel good because I love my happy family."
He proceeded to point out the trees that had leaves falling, sing a new song they taught him at school and tell me that trees look like broccoli (his favorite vegetable).

we talk some more then when we are done, he says, "So, tell me about Dilan."
This is the same thing he says everyday once he's in the car. He wants to know what Dilan and I did, more specifically, Dilan. I never have anything too exciting or different to say but that we maybe ran an errand or she took a nap or she ate lunch but it's so wonderful that he thinks about her and wants to know how her time was spent while he was at school. I thought this was a one day thing that he would ask me but it's become our little routine! :)

by the way, I took this picture of Drew coming out of his soccer game last Saturday and I seriously think I got a shot of a 16 yr old kid!

1 comments:

T said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Such a cutie pie. By the way, Boston asked when Drew was coming home. I told him he lived somewhere else now. He replied, "FOREVER??!!"

I'm glad he is getting more into soccer. He looks so cute in his soccer duds.