Saturday, October 3, 2009

Slippers



We are bracing ourselves for winter here in Wisconsin. I was kind of excited about it and thinking positive until it actually turned cold this week and it's barely October. I know we only have a month left of reasonable weather, but we have started breaking out the Winter clothes. I am buying snow clothes for Drew as I see them being sold because people say in a few months, you won't be able to find them anymore, it'll all be gone. Of course, I broke out my slippers (Santa brought me one year) and Drew just had to have a new pair of slippers himself. Considering these were only $5 at Walmart, I couldn't resist and they have been on his feet ever since. In the almost 9 years David and I have been married, he's never wanted nor worn slippers on his feet so I didn't get him any. But then we had to go to Target last night and get him a pair because he says we live in Wisconsin, he'll have to succumb to slippers around the house. We are all wearing them now... and yes, they are very fashionable. :)

2 comments:

Elieson Family said...

I love slippers. I love being barefoot too, but the older my kids get, the dirtier the floors seem to be and I always end up with what my friends in High School called "H-E-B feet". You know, the kind of feet you'd get if you walked through H-E-B barefoot.. all black and gross. I like the kind of slippers I can wear outside too, and have NO QUALMS about doing so - pink fluff and all!
Sure hope y'alls winter is fun - we haven't had decent snow out here since our first winter back in 2002. Maybe that's a good thing? I heard the Farmer's Almanac is forecasting a harsh winter for the midwest - PARTICULARLY around the great lakes. Look out! If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear. Man I wish we had a fireplace...

Phillips Family said...

At first thought those were Wyoming Cowboy slippers...