Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sledding!

This morning we went sledding. We bought a sled at target a few weeks ago ($30) but it was too cold to go more than once down the hill. But now that the weather is in the 30s (that's warm here), we ventured out once again for some family fun. Dilan did not get out of the car because no matter how much we bundle her up, it just can't be fun for her to be outside. Drew and David went first and they did great. Then, I took Drew, and I was surprised how fast we went - so fast that I felt we were going to lose control so I tried to slow us down and when I did, we just did a 360 and then another 360. Needless to say it was fun, but I thought I was going to send Drew tumbling off the sled and rolling down the hill on his own. But David was able to do that just fine himself. On their second time down the hill, Drew and David tumbled off. When they got back on, they decided to get on their stomachs and go head-first. It actually worked better I think but it's hilarious to see this Texan family try to sled in the Wisconsin snow!




5 comments:

nicole said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! You guys will have to tell us where you went... that looks like a fun hill. That picture of Dilan in the car is sooo cute!
I never thought I'd be THRILLED to hear the weather man say it would be 30 degrees outside! ha ha!

Phillips Family said...

Looks like a great time!! Funny that warmed weather people don't know how to sled.

Elieson Family said...

Oh my goodness, Dilan is SOOO Cute! I want to go sledding!!! And, I can't believe she's walking already! Jude is scooting along furniture, but I totally don't want him walking yet. I can just see the bruised forehead now!

Rachel said...

Ha ha! We went sledding this weekend too.... and I think we have the same sled :) Great minds think alike!

Kristine Pratt said...

Oh my gosh, Dilan is so cute in this picture. Sounds like cold fun!