Wednesday, January 6, 2010

9 years and counting...

David and I have been married 9 years today. It is wonderful to think I have spent the last almost decade married to him. He always says with each year, "This is the best 9 years of my life so far." I like when he says that. :)
For some reason, I couldn't sleep last night (could have been because a particularly precious 4 year old boy woke us up because he had to go to the bathroom but the bathroom light was too bright) and I was pondering how much my life would have been different if I hadn't married David. In short (because I won't make you sit through all of the rumblings in my head), I feel like I have been able to accomplish my dreams with him in my life. I don't think I could have done half the things in the last 9 years being married to anyone else. Our paths fit together perfectly, and we both have been able to do things we never imagined possible if it weren't for the other supporting us and helping make it happen. We truly are partners and each other's biggest fan. I am grateful beyond measure for our marriage, for our family, and most of all, that it's forever.

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Awwww Cute little Dave in his little tux....Congrats. You guys have been and will be a great example to me.

Johnson said...

You guys haven't aged a bit!

Amy Pratt said...

I know I speak for all the Pistorius "sibs"...we are all so grateful that YOU married David..and that after 9 years and 2kids, you still like and love him, and that you think he's funny....we were worried there for a bit that NO ONE would ever take him off our hands...JK...you are both lucky to have each other!!
Love you both!

Lisa said...

Congratulations to you all! I think that's a record for both of you, too! So glad to have you in our family! LOVE YOU ALL!

Elieson Family said...

Congratulations! I love anniversaries...