Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Older brother, younger sister

Dilan is crawling all over Drew
Dilan goes in for a kiss (or a bite if she had any teeth!)
These two play together so well. They are three and a half years apart so I was worried it would be too much time but it's not at all. Drew loves playing with his sister and she adores him. Dilan watches everything Drew does and I cannot help but think of my relationship with my brother (who is 6 years older than Keely and me) when I look at these two.
Dilan will always look to Drew as her example, she will always think he is so cool (even when he's about to turn 40), she will always want his approval, she will always want him to like her as his sister, she might even want to attend the same college he did, she may even want to date his friends some day, she will always want him to protect her and hopefully they will always be very close friends.

4 comments:

Johnson said...

I love that last pic the most. Hey, there's a girl's night out tonight at Kristin's house if you want to come. It's just not the same without you!

Phillips Family said...

Ah yes, the Wyoming Cowboys gave you texans quite a scare. Too bad they stink. Colt is a good QB. Your kids are growing up so fast.

Chrissy said...

that's so endearing what you wrote about the big brother and how she will feel about him... made my heart ache a little ;)

Rachel said...

Those pictures of adorable of the them playing together!