Friday, June 26, 2009

We made it!

We made it to Waukesha yesterday. Now we need to find a house to rent for the next year. This is much more difficult than you might think, especially here. We have looked at 5 places so far and only one would even work out. Unfortunately, someone got to it first and they are still first in line if they want it. We should know something soon. The amazing thing about most of these places is the size of the master bedroom which is the same size as the other bedrooms. We couldn't even fit our king-size bed in most of them much less the actual dressers, armoire, etc. Doesn't make sense to build that way no matter what decade if you ask me.
We found two houses on Pewaukee lake and they are totally redone but again, the floor plan just doesn't work for our stuff. One house I walked into a bedroom and said, "Drew this could be your room," and the guy showing it says, "oh, this is the master bedroom." yeah, people, that is how small they are. He said, "because it had two closets it was considered the master," - mind you it was one closet split in half so they called it two. Anyway, we are still searching. Something has to come our way, it just has to.
I am just hoping at this point that I was feeling pretty lonely and discouraged when I moved to PTC, Georgia, last year at this time and it ended up being such a wonderful place with such memorable friendships that I still have hope Waukesha could end up the same way. Let's just hope I am still feeling that way after we go to our new ward on Sunday! :)

6 comments:

Candace said...

I hope things get better!! One day at a time!

Jenise said...

Good luck!!! I know it is hard, but you are such a fun person to be around that I don't think you will have any problems. However, I don't know that you will find anyone as fun as us PTC ward people, so sorry. lol

Phillips Family said...

It always seems that things that are terrible at first, turn out great at the end. I am sure you guys will adjust...and once you are adjusted, it will be time for you to move.

That girl said...

If I wasn't so fat I would come up and take you out to lunch or something. Good luck on the house search!

The Schaefer's said...

I'll be saying a prayer and crossing my fingers for you that you find a house that fits your family's needs. You know, I've noticed that Wisconsin really likes the letter "w." What with Waukesha, Pewaukee, Milwaukee...that's a lot of w's. :c)

Jenkinson Family said...

Wow, such a big house. Lots of room! Glad ya'll found a nice place.