Tuesday, June 23, 2009

33rd birthday

We are traveling on my 33rd birthday today making our way to Milwaukee! We drove to Nashville yesterday through Chattanooga where we saw Rock City and then drove to Louisville, Kentucky today and saw Church hill downs and the Louisville Slugger museum. We arrived in Indianapolis early this evening and we had a nice dinner at Maggiano's. Tomorrow we plan on seeing the Indianapolis 500 and onto Chicago after that. We are having fun on our road trip and the kids are doing great, but it's also tiring in general from the move which started a week ago or so. I'm still sad from leaving Georgia but I am trying to remain positive. It's hard though when you are away from your sister on your birthday (Happy Birthday, Keely!) and the whole family is celebrating without you. Although David did good this year and got me a bluetooth headset so I could talk on my cell phone and hold Dilan at the same time without getting a crick in my neck. It was a great gift!!! And Drew did sing me, "happy birthday," today which was a lot of fun. We have some neat pictures from our family vacation that I'll share later! :)

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Happy Belated Birthday girl! I hope your trip is going well. Sorry it is late. Miss you bunches and thinking about the good old days out by the pool!
Come visit soon!
Shelley

Denisondays said...

Happy late birthday! We sure miss you guys already, Jaxon was asking about Drew yesterday wanting to see him. I wish we could have seen you before you left! I didn't want any of you catching the flu though. I am glad you are at least having fun on the way there. We hope to see you soon!
Shelyse

T said...

Happy Birthday Kinsey! Glad to hear you are enjoying the drive/vacation.

T said...

By the way Maggiano's is one of my fav's!! And, Kev served his mission in Kentucky! He hasn't been back yet, but we hope to soon.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Hope you had a good birthday. Hope everything is going good with your move. So stressful to move, but it sounds like your kids are doing great.

Jenise said...

Happy Birthday. I was going to call you yesterday, but I didn't want to bother you on your road trip. Glad to hear it is going well. Miss you already.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Happy Birthday. Thursten and Melissa are up in Louisville today, he just said they were ar Churchill Downs. Hope you guys can get there safe and all settled soon.

That girl said...

Happy birthday, a little late! Your road trip sounds awesome, and I am glad the kids are behaving! We are excited to come see you as soon as you get all settled.

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Kinsey!! Sorry it had to be on the road...Miss you guys lots!