Monday, August 30, 2010

Drew's First Day of Kindergarten

My cute little boy is off to kindergarten today. I have such mixed emotions - I am so excited for him and know he is going to have so much fun and learn a lot. But I will really miss him during the day. I think it will make our time in the afternoons and evenings even that much more special though.
Drew picked out a new shirt for his first day - he wanted a new blue shirt and this is what he picked out (at Target nonetheless). He was excited to ride the bus and told me he was going to go all the way to the back. But when the time came, I think he picked the first open seat he saw which was up in the front on the left side. David and I couldn't see him because of the tinted windows but soon discovered him waving furiously to us and we waved back until he took off down the street.
That's when some tears came to my eyes - I'm just missing him and realizing how big he is getting. It's hard when you are a stay-at-home mom and you are there for absolutely everything because you want to be and then you send him off to school and you are not there. You are just hoping he is okay, he has a good time, he is happy and safe physically and emotionally. But I know this is all part of life and I have to let him go a little bit - just not too much yet! We are so proud of our big boy!!!
Drew and Dilan - Drew's spiderman backpack
David, Drew, Dilan, and Beva at the bus stop
Dilan, Drew and me at the bus stop
Hugs and kisses goodbye - the bus is here!
Drew boarding the bus!

6 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

I can see why that would be a strong mix of emotions, I'm excited to hear how the first day went!

T said...

That last pic made ME a little teary (ok, not like that's really hard). His little legs trying to take that first BIG step up onto the bus, is just so darn sweet. They just seem so little. He looks adorable! Good luck today Kinsey!

Phillips Family said...

Holy freakin crap!! He can't be that old...just seems like you had him. I am just tearing up at the thought...or maybe those tears are caused by Dave's shirt...not sure.

Wendy said...

So sweet! It's funny how your perspective changes when your kids get older! I totally want to put my kids in a plastic bubble and protect them from everything and home school them!! I guess you realize how important it is to teach them while they're young and pray for them a WHOLE lot!

Kirwin said...

Drew is becoming such a big boy! Here's love from PawDee.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Oh the first day of Kindergarten. I totally cried and I got to walk him into the classroom. I would have blubbered watching him drive away on a bus.

Such a handsome boy.