Saturday, May 2, 2009

"I'm sorry, so sorry..."

A few weeks ago we had a pretty bad day where Drew's teacher told me to call her when he got in the car after school. You always know that is not good to hear. Come to find out he had a few altercations with his friends at school which is not like him at all. So, it was concerning and we talked about it that night as a family. David and I were reminding Drew that we don't hurt our friends, etc. and when we went to say our family prayer, (Drew saying it) he blessed both of his friends that he had hurt that day, and it was very sweet. At that moment, David took the opportunity to teach Drew that when we hurt someone, not only do we say, "I'm sorry," to the person we hurt but we also say we are sorry to Heavenly Father for hurting them as well (a little lesson on repentance). So, Drew bowed his head, folded his arms and said, "I'm sorry, Heavenly Father." Then he said, "That's okay, said Heavenly Father." And he got up and ran to his room for bed. It was hilarious - but it also reminded me of the simplicity of forgiveness and that we are all entitled to it. How often it is that when we are trying to teach our children a lesson, they end up teaching us instead! :)

2 comments:

T said...

Oh my gosh! That is soooo funny! Even my kids got a big kick out of that. What a sweetheart! I don't know how you ever get upset with him with eyes like that!

turlington clan said...

aww thats so sweet. kids say the cutest things.