Sunday, May 17, 2009

Unbirthday

Drew had his 4th birthday celebration at school last week. His birthday is not for another month but since they don't have school in the summer, he is celebrated at the end of the year. However at this age, Drew didn't quite understand it's not his actual birthday yet and has been saying he's four now for a week. He likes to show me something and tell me that "only 4 year-olds can do that." I was supposed to bring a treat for snack time on his celebration day - they don't like cakes that you have to serve up and they don't really like cupcakes because they are quite messy. So, I went for Drew's favorite dessert - chocolate chip cookies! I made cookies for all his classmates and then a big one for him. He loved it and it was quite easy I must say. What a fun time he had with all of his friends singing him happy birthday and he made a green crown that he proceeded to wear all day long once we got home.

0 comments: