Thursday, May 7, 2009

Playground Injury


We went to the playground today and Drew came home with this wonderful scrape down his face. Drew was having fun with his friend, Fox, and they were spinning around and around on a pole - kind of a mini merry-go-round - and I thought they were going too fast as I saw them do this. But I was a little ways off near the gate (to make sure the kids did not get out of the playground area) with Dilan. Sure enough, Drew comes crying to me and he had been going so fast that he flew off. He scraped his face on the playground's surface but quickly recovered from the injury and kept playing with Fox.
We went home for lunch and David asked Drew what happened. Drew proceeds to tell his dad, "me and Fox were going too fast and mommy wasn't watching me and I fell." Yes, that's right, he told David I was not watching him. David could not stop smiling and laughing. I was appalled! :) Of course I was watching him but I didn't see him fall - totally a mother of two thing now where I can't watch him every second! Even funnier was that he went to his school program that night and told his teacher the very same story... yes, even the part where his mom was not watching him... sigh.

2 comments:

Kirwin said...

He's copying his dad in the accident-prone activities!

turlington clan said...

that is sooo funny! man that def looks like it hurt. poor boy! i feel the same way. its hard having 2 kids. but u do a good job! im still sad that you guys r moving!