Tuesday, March 31, 2009

James

As most of you know, Drew loves his trains and he has 30 of them now. But he knows which ones he has and he keeps track of them diligently (I wonder who taught him that!?!). Anyway, we had some friends over last week and since then, James has been missing. Every day Drew has a sad face and asks, "Where is James?" We looked some and then finally I thought I might know where James was. I did end up finding him and Drew was so relieved and happy. Of course, he's been playing with James more since locating this train and even on Sunday when we came home from church, Drew saw James on the counter and exclaimed, "James, I'm home!" and played with him for the afternoon. The cutest thing though was that last night when he was getting ready for bed, he came to give me and Dilan a kiss and when he did, he said, "Mommy, you are a precious mommy because you find things." It was so cute and it really is the simple things that they appreciate. I hope I can continue brushing up on my "finding" skills so I can stay precious to him. :)

3 comments:

Johnson said...

Sorry if it was my kids that lost James. It probably was. Glad you were able to find it.

The Schaefer's said...

Too cute. Harrison still has all of his Thomas trains and tracks from when he was little. He was just as meticulous with his trains and matchbox cars.

4guysandme said...

Yay for finding lost things. The worst is when you can't find them. *sigh*