Thursday, April 2, 2009

End of an Era

Tonight is the series finale of ER. It has been on tv for 15 years and yes, I have been a faithful viewer for all that time. I can clearly remember it premiering the fall I started college at UT so I've watched it since I was 18 years old. I've been through it's peak and even through some not-so-good seasons, following its characters diligently and experiencing memorable moments of tears (think Dr. Green's death). I am sad to say goodbye to this series tonight because it is the end of an era for me and truly makes me reflect on the past 15 years of my own life. I feel like I should be having people over for an ER party (similar to the one I had in college for the end of Seinfeld) but I am not sure of anyone who still watches it except David and I (and my sister of course). But with all the ER fans that will be watching tonight, I will be grabbing the tissues along with you sending this show off to retire in tv land and being grateful for the past 15 years I've shared my Thursday nights with County General! :)

2 comments:

That girl said...

I cried throughout the whole thing. I have not been way faithful, but pretty avid. Glad to know I have someone to share my feelings with. Kelly could not care less.

4guysandme said...

I was still faithfully watching too. I am so sad to see it go.