Monday, March 23, 2009

6 weeks old


Dilan is 6 weeks old today. I went for my check-up and all is well! Dilan is growing and she is such a joy to have in our family. David and I feel so fortunate to have our big boy and our little baby girl. We are still adjusting to her not sleeping well at night but I know it's temporary and it will get better. At one month old, Dilan's weight was in the 58th percentile and her length was in the 64th percentile. She also is out of her newborn clothes and into the 0-3 month clothing.
I also finally feel like a real nursing mom. Sometimes I am still stunned it has worked out the way it has. I am getting used to feeding her in public, and the feeding taking a lot longer (at least at this point), and just everything that comes with it!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Can't believe she's 6 weeks. So sweet. Can't wait to hold her.

Candace said...

Yay for nursing!! I'm glad that it worked out better this time around and i remember it getting old after a little while....but once i was done i missed it, so much that the lactation consultant at work said i was going through a mourning period which is normal..weird. Glad things are going well. She is beautiful.