Monday, March 2, 2009

Mimi and Aunt Lisa's Visit

David's mom (aka Colleen or Mimi) and his older sister, Lisa, came in town this weekend to meet Dilan and be here for her blessing. It was so great having them here and it meant a lot that they would come all this way for our precious little girl. Friday night, David, Drew and Colleen went to the circus while Dilan and I stayed home and we all went shopping a bit on Saturday and then blessed Dilan on Sunday (pictures to come). The saddest part was that Dilan has the worst case of baby acne anyone has ever seen and she got it right before they came for the weekend. Luckily, it started to clear up and look better today or I was going to have to take her to the doctor. Even my friend, Jaimee, who is an ER nurse said I should call the dr. about it. You should have seen people staring at her at church - so sad. But no worries - I am going to get her professional photos taken in a few weeks and one will be in her blessing dress so I'll make sure she has good pictures of this time in her life. :)
We had a wonderful weekend with family and Drew was so sad today when they had to leave. He then asked me, "Who's coming next?" Unfortunately, we have had our visitors come and go but we are planning a trip to Houston for Easter!





3 comments:

herb said...

I just thought she had a serious case of whisker burn from David kissing all over her! I know I would.

herb said...

PS: Thanks for asking me to be in the circle, btw!

Amy Pratt said...

wish we could've had a mini "family reunion" and be there for Dilan's blessing too! So glad mom and Lena got to represent the family!!! Can't wait to see/meet Dilan in person. She is an angel...and can Drew get any cuter??? Seriously...that boy is so precious!!! Love and miss you all!