Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!!!

My dad turns 60 years old today. I can't believe it. I can still remember when my parents turned 40 and I am not that far away from that age now. I am so fortunate to have my dad in my life - the fact that he's healthy and happy and that he loves me as much as he does. Here's a blog tribute to him! Some things about my dad:

My Dad has taught me how important education is which is a big reason I did as much schooling as I did.
My Dad taught me that family comes first.
My Dad has been there during the most significant times of my life including the birth of my two children (he was in the actual room when Drew was born)
My Dad is the smartest man I know (okay, yes, David does come to a close second!)
My Dad is a great example of how a man should provide for his family and even was able to pay for my undergraduate education in full so I had no debt when I got out of college.
My Dad took me to every Houston Oiler football game growing up which gave me the LOVE I have for football in general.
My Dad exposed me to traveling by bringing me along to the SWC basketball tournaments in Dallas and the WAC basketball tournaments in Las Vegas. I've also been to Reno, Hawaii, Utah, and Nashville for sporting events with my dad as well as a once in a lifetime trip to NYC just the two of us!

I love you, Dad, and happy birthday - wish I could be there with you to celebrate this wonderful milestone.

below is a picture of me and my dad when I graduated from college at UT - it is one of my favorites! :)

1 comments:

Kirwin said...

What a lovely post. I love you, baby.

Dad