Sunday, March 30, 2008

Where I've been...

So, I haven't been blogging for over a week now really and you may have asked... what happened to her? Well, as you can see by the lovely picture here, I was at a conference ALL weekend... It started by me having to move all of my clients to Monday (which I never do) and Tuesday night. Then, we left late Wednesday night to go to my mom's house in Lake Jackson which is only an hour away from Galveston (whereas I am about 1.5 hrs from where we live in NWhouston). I drove to Galveston for the Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy annual conference for three days straight. So, while people were on the beach, I was in a convention center for hours and hours getting taught how to do my job better... yes, a job that I won't be doing in a mater of two months (but who is counting?) in order to gain CEUs (Continuing Education Units) to maintain my license to practice.
Anyway, so you may ask was it worth my time??? ummmm... I am kind of split on this question. I honestly liked one speaker I went to the entire time but I got to hang out with one of my friends, Jill, and I got to catch up with some wonderful former classmates like Lisa and Linda. I also saw a former student from BYU who is now going to Texas Tech to get her phd. That was kind of cool to see. It was like my texas life and utah life coming together in one place.
I will say that the first day was complete torture... 6 hours of listening a famous person in our field (Michael White - co-creator of Narrative therapy which was the theory I wrote my major paper on at the end of my master's degree) and it was just horrible. He even had a very cool Australian accent, but I still wanted to scream with boredom. Sounds awful, huh? it was... my skin was crawling to get out of there but if you don't stay the whole time, you don't get credit for being there. Oh well, I made it through the weekend and it was an experience. Only one of these a year thank goodness! :)

0 comments: