Thursday, March 20, 2008

Get Well Pop!

This is a picture from when we went to visit my grandfather in the hospital at the beginning of this month. We call him, "Pop," and he is 87 years old. He was having some heart problems and they ended up finding some blocked arteries and putting some stints in. I got a message yesterday that he is back in the hospital most likely for diabetes reasons. But I'm sad... it was hard to see him like this. I know, I know, ...he is old and he has lived a long life but it still really upsets me to see him so fragile and to think our family could change with losing him or anyone else for that matter. I feel selfish sometimes because David has lost his brother and his father in the past 5 years and I am tearing up over the thought of losing my grandfather. But I am and I can't help it. I can't help that I want him to stick around longer, that I want more time with him, that I just don't want him not to be here on this earth. So, I guess I am not apologizing for wanting that, I am just in a place of hoping for it.

0 comments: