Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Swollen Lymph Node!!!

The doctor called this morning to discuss the ultrasound results with me and to my surprise she told me that it is NOT a hemangioma. In fact, it is a swollen lymph node. Of course, this was what we first thought when it happened but then getting the diagnosis from the pediatrician made us think differently. She did say that if it is red, irritating to him or hard, then we have to take another look at it. But since his is soft, squishy and can be rolled around on his neck, it is of no concern. They will check Drake again in a few weeks when he goes in for his 4 month appointment. We will just watch the lymph node carefully, but the idea that this is not a long-term condition is very relieving!
Thanks again for all your support, thoughts, and prayers. This is much better news than I thought we were getting and I'm so very grateful.

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

That is great news!! We are happy to hear it is just a swollen lymph node. Adam was beginning to think it was an evil twin.

Kristine Pratt said...

Thank goodness!

Jenny said...

What a Relief!

Spencer said...

That is great to hear. I can imagine the relief. By the way, he is a super cute boy!

Sherie said...

Woah. I'm glad I've been offline here for a couple of days to only read today's post with a good resolution!! I can't imagine how you must all be feeling right now, or how the past few days have been. Hang in there!!