Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dentist

Thursday morning was Drew's first dentist appointment. I was pretty anxious about it as I was expecting the worst. I got this first picture of him playing in the waiting room because I honestly thought it might be the only one I took. Drew woke up telling me he didn't want to go to the dentist saying, "the dentist hurt me." I told him no, the dentist doesn't hurt people, he just tickles your teeth to get them cleaned.

Come to find out, Drew did so well - he even surprised me! He willingly did everything the hygienist wanted him to do and he actually enjoyed the experience.

So, here we are in the chair, watching the cartoon they had on. He was mesmerized by it.













Checking his teeth out. Open wide!









Cleaning them now - he was so calm I couldn't believe it. He chose orange-flavored cleaner.



Looking at his new toothbrush he picked out and the star-shaped sunglasses he picked from a basket of treats after it was all over.






Showing me how he brushes his teeth. Of course, he brushes first and then we take our turn brushing his teeth.


Drew with his star-shaped sunglasses on...

7 comments:

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

That's great! Aaliyah had to sit on my lap for a bit untill she felt comfortable.

Shanan & Shannon said...

Man, what a victory! I can only hope for a similar experience. I have yet to take Cole and I think it's because I'm scared to death of his reaction! I'm not impressed that Drew did so well but also that he let you take so many pictures - what wonderful memories.

Elieson Family said...

You know, I remember my first dentist appointment. It was totally cool. I'm such a loser though as a parent - I haven't taken mine in yet. Thanks for the motivation!

Candace said...

That is amazing...congrats. I hate the thought of taking Maddy to the dentist. He looks so cute with his sunglasses on. Miss you guys!!

Kirwin said...

that's great--although the glasses are a little too Elton Johnish...

Johnson said...

Hey Kinsey,
Sorry I did not get back to you after I had left that message. We ended up going away for the weekend so we had to nix the game night. (Also why we were not at church) We really want to have you guys over. This weekend may not work as we have family stuff going on. I will have to talk to you later and see what works for the both of us.

MawMille said...

Just precious! This is just one of many more dentistbvisits I know you will make sure he completes. You have him off to a good start! MawMille