Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Baby #2

So, we had my 12-week doctor's appointment last week. We waited an hour and a half to be seen - here's a picture of Drew "reading" while he waited for me to get my blood work done. The baby's heartbeat sounded good and the dr. said everything looks great!
I liked the dr. but I actually switched to another dr. the next day. Some things she said made me uneasy, and I felt like maybe our personalities didn't quite fit. For example, when we heard the heartbeat, Drew smiled. It was so precious to me because he recognized it as the baby (we had been talking about it and preparing him) and the dr. sarcastically said, "oh, he doesn't know what's going on." The other thing was she told me there was no videotaping at the hospital and I wouldn't be able to find an Atlanta-area hospital that would allow it. I had looked online researching this hospital and chose it because it did allow pics and video but she said, "times have changed." So, I called the hospital when I got home and they said they do allow videotaping but it's at the discretion of the dr. So, I obviously felt she misled me and was not completely honest with me. Another thing was that she didn't do an ultrasound. I keep saying that we were excited to see the baby today and she said her policy is if there's nothing wrong and everything looks healthy, she waited until there was a reason to do one. I didn't feel like she would really budge on it and I didn't like the way she wasn't listening to me.
So, all in all I chose to call another dr. and it was one I was originally going to go with but couldn't get into as fast. I talked to her nurse, asked all kinds of questions, (she does allow videotaping at the same exact hospital) and felt much better. I look forward to my next appointment!


Here's Drew playing in the curtain in the dr.'s office of course...




and here's David thinking he only had to take off about an hour for work and it ended up being a half a day!

6 comments:

Hilarie said...

I hear ya! I would have been so out of there too! You have to feel comfortable with your doctor and those things would have totally made me mad!

Did Drew enjoy the article he was reading? :) So cute!

Johnson said...

Very cute blog. I enjoyed reading through it. I love how you told your family about baby #2. That is funny about Cafe Pig, well that the owner is in our ward, not your actual experience. It looks like your Dr. is the same group I went to. I am interested to know who your Dr. was and who you switched to. I had fun at Sarah's with you today. I look forward to getting to know you better. When Stan came back from the EQ visits, he was telling me what cool family you guys were. We are always looking for fun couple to hang with. We will have to get together, esp since we have little boys the same age.

Annie said...

Oh the joys of waiting 2 plus hours for a 5 minute appointment. Seriously, why can't they keep to a schedule?!
I'm glad you guys are settled into your new house. How exciting to have all your stuff back!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Yeah you have to feel completely good about your doctor!! Im glad everything went well with the dr and how cute that Drew smiled when he heard the heartbeat thats journal material!

Brian and Mary said...

Holy Fetch..it has been forever since we have talked! Congrats on the Baby and the new Dr(:! Looks like the move and all went well.

Brian and Mary said...

Hi guys! Congrats on the baby the new Doctor.. the move..holy fetch we have not talked forever! Hope everything continues to go well we miss you guys! Bri & Mar