Sunday, June 15, 2008

PREGNANT!

Yes! We are expecting a baby and are thrilled about it. I should be due sometime in mid-February. So, we literally just found out a week or so ago but had to tell our family before I posted it on our blog.

The story is kind of funny... we took the test on a Friday night. I didn't see anything come up at first so I thought we weren't pregnant, and I ended up throwing the test away (I guess I just didn't wait long enough or didn't see it). I went downstairs to tell David we weren't pregnant, and we watched the "Bee movie" with Drew for the night. Once it was over, David went to return the movie, I put Drew to bed, and I decided to check the test one more time. When I did, there was a faint pink line I hadn't seen before! (We have experience in faint pink lines and the fact that David had to teach me that meant pregnant even though it was hardly there.) So, we took these pictures that night so excited and thrilled. Then, on Saturday, we told David's sisters at Sea World, and Wendy mentioned that you can get a false positive if you wait too long to read the test! So, we waited until Monday morning to take a re-test and there was no question, it was very positive!

Here is Colleen, my mother-in-law, that night after she got home from working in the temple when we told her she was going to expect grandchild #15! The baby is actually due around her birthday since she is a Valentine's baby!

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha! I've done that too! In my impatience I read a negative and tossed the test. Several hours later, with test in hand, Slade comes up to me and asks if I had plans to tell him I was pregnant.
Lesson: 99% accurate doesn't mean 99% helpful, especially when silly girls like you and me take them.

How far along are you then? (Don't make me do the math... I can't even read a preg test properly).
I hope morning sickness stays at bay!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

i am only 6 weeks along. Due mid-February. It's still very early and I did have a miscarriage for my first pregnancy before Drew so I am hoping we are okay this time around. But we are excited and looking forward to child #2! By the way, your story of Slade realizing your test was positive is hilarious...

Debbie and Bobby said...

Congratulations to the both of you. here's wishing a smooth pregnancy for you!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

That's awesome Congrats!

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness Kinsey! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quite honestly for selfish reasons b/c I plan on being pregnant very soon so we get to do the whole thing together... only not really in the same state... ha ha! WOW! Congratulations:) I love you!

Phillips Family said...

Hey, congratulations, that is great news. Hope all goes well and that the world is ready for another Pistorius.

April said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. How fun for you and especially for Drew to have a sibling to play with. Congrats...keep us updated.

Hilarie said...

Congratulations! How fun! So excited for you guys and for Drew! He will be such a cute big bother!

Shanan & Shannon said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news. Drew is going to love having a little one around that he can boss around...I mean love on and take care of! Ya'll are definitely blessed. I wish you the best and hope for a smooth and not-so nauseating pregnancy!

Candace said...

congrats kinsey how great! hope everything goes well with the move and that pregnancy. woo hoo lots of changes. how fun! :)

Elieson Family said...

Kinsey that is just great! It's funny to see you holding the test stick. I'm always so grossed out by it, I just tell Michael the news and immediately throw the stick in the bin.
I'm excited for you - so many changes all at once. I adore babies!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Congratulations...Blake said who knew your boys could swim??? Anyway congrats thats exciting!!!