Saturday, October 27, 2012

Drake's 2nd Birthday!

We had such a fun day celebrating Drake's 2nd birthday. He woke up to blue balloons in his room of which he pointed to and had a whole conversation with me about even though I didn't understand what he was telling me. :)
 Then, we grabbed Chick-fil-a for lunch and ate it with Drew at school.
 Drake loved eating with his big brother at his school - he felt like such a big kid!
 The best part of any birthday is seeing how excited the other kids get to celebrate each other.
 After David got home from work, we went to a pumpkin patch. The kids loved being pulled around in the wagon looking for pumpkins.
 There was a hay maze too that the kids liked doing.

 Funny that we picked Drake's birthday to go to the pumpkin patch and it was freezing! 50 degrees with a very cold wind chill definitely shortened our time there but here's a family shot.
 Mimi trying to get a picture with the kids
 one more before we go...
 and onto eating pizza for dinner! Drake loved his birthday dinner. :)
 David and his mom who came in just for Drake's birthday
 
We came home for cupcakes and presents. Funny thing is I ordered the cupcakes from Walmart and when I went to pick them up, they weren't ready. Yes, this has happened to me before at Sam's club, what is with my luck? So, I waited for this lady to put together a dozen Cars cupcakes and she asked me what colors he likes. I said, "you know, red, blue, yellow." And then she hands me these rainbow cupcakes! huh? I thought she'd do one cupcake red, one blue, one yellow and so on. But because it's Walmart, I just said 'thank you' and headed out. Drake didn't care so I figured I wouldn't either. He had his awesome Cars birthday cake a few weeks ago so I was trying to do something different and easy. 
 Yummy!
 Dilan only eats the icing
 and finally this kid got a huge truck that holds all of his cars. He loved it and we love this little boy!!!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy birthday cutie pants!