Monday, October 10, 2011

TX/OU weekend - Drake's 1st birthday celebration

If you are a Texas football fan, TX/OU weekend is big, really big. So, we decided to travel home to Houston to be with family for the game and to celebrate 4 October birthdays in the family. Drake is one of those October birthdays now (and David too!) and so we had his first birthday celebration with my side of the family. It's great to be able to do that - have I mentioned how happy I am to be back in Texas? :)

We are so grateful to have Drake in our family. Ever since we had Drew, I knew we were going to have another boy and his name would be Drake. Dilan came along in between (and knocked our socks off) but when it was time for Drake to come, boy did he ever! He came out at almost 10 lbs with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, blue, and not breathing for almost a full minute. He made his entrance memorable and he's been a joy ever since. A very happy baby, cuddly, our first pacifier baby, and one who loves to follow his brother and sister around. He loves to dance and it's hilarious to watch him stand up and start bouncing to music.
For Drake's first birthday, I went with a longhorn theme. It turned out fun and very cute. Here were my party supplies:
Us with our birthday boy (2.5 weeks until his actual bday)
Dilan and Drew with their cousins and my mom eating fajitas for lunch
The "boys" - Drew, Drake and cousin Landon
Oh boy! cards!!!
Drake opening his presents - he did pretty good with the wrapping paper!
Got me a lawn mower...
and a cool lady bug...
... and cookie monster (and lots of much needed fall clothes and pjs).
Our family with Drake and his cake
Drake was more interested in the helmet on his cake than the cake itself
Got sticky fingers and wasn't interested - just like my other two!
Ice cream? Now, that is more my style.
I ate all of that and now, I'm a happy kiddo!
Our picture with Drake after his ice cream and before his BATH!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

LOVED the pic with the cards...wanted BYU to win.

Kristine Pratt said...

Love the picture with the cards, he is such a cutie. Can't believe he is almost one. So glad you could celebrate with family.