Sunday, October 30, 2011

The rest of Mimi's Visit

We loved having David's mom here with us this week. I really enjoyed having her around as we always talk and talk. Also, I think the kids better behave when someone else is around and I seem to have more patience with them too. She was here for Drew's scare crow parade, Drake's 1st birthday, bought Drake's first pair of shoes and Drew a new bed, went to Drew's school for lunch, and stayed up really late to help me make my Halloween costume. We wish she was here longer but hopefully now that she is semi-retiring, we might see her even more!


Drew reading to Mimi
Mimi at Drew's school for lunch
David's oldest sister, Amy, flew into Dallas on Friday night and she helped Colleen drive to Utah this weekend. Colleen is moving into Amy's basement. It's been a plan in the works for a year now and it finally has come time to make it happen. Amy stayed up late with us and helped us make my costume too. With six kiddos, I can tell she's had so much practice making things and she was a pro with the glue gun! We loved having her here even just for one night and we sent them off with a southern breakfast done right at the Waffle House!

0 comments: