Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pinewood Derby

Last Friday night the Elders Quorum put on the Pinewood Derby for our ward. Since David is in the presidency, he was in charge of some of it. So, we made it a family event by making two cars - one for Drew and David made one for me. Drew picked out light blue for his car and they were supposed to find orange for mine (UT color) but there wasn't any orange spray paint so they chose pink. We put the number 15 on Drew's car since he was born June 15 and the number 23 on mine for my birthday as well. Then we put stickers with Drew's name on both sides of his car and we put the name of our ward, Silver Pines, on my car.
Drew had an absolute blast. He ran his car on the track over and over and loved saying, "Ready, set, GO!" My pink car actually came in 2nd place overall - how fun! I know since this is a scouting event, I will have many more of these derbies to attend but I really liked it since it was my first one to see.

This is just a part of his excitement here...

1 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Camille and I think your little boy is the cutest thing on the planet. We can see he got his good looks from his mom and his enthusiasm for life from his dad (but that just might be his craziness).