Monday, April 21, 2008

Friends!

Okay, so I stole this picture from April's blog - THANKS, April and April's dad for taking the picture. Here's the story...

So, this NYC trip came up on me fast and I was booking our broadway show at the last minute as well as dinner reservations, etc. I had just been way busy with work, a new job endeavor I've taken on recently, and even remotely thinking of our upcoming move. So, I didn't even have Glenn and April's contact information when we went to NYC... anyway, we stayed in a hotel right by the world financial building where Greg (the groom) works as well as where the rehearsal dinner was. When we walked through it on Friday night, David turned to me and said, "I bet this is where Glenn works." (Later, we find out this is true!) and again, I was so kicking myself we didn't get in touch with April and Glenn before we left so we could see them! A little background on how we all know each other is that we were in the same ward in Utah when we lived there. April and I worked in the primary together and she also watched Drew for me one day a week after he was born so I could complete my internship. She was such a lifesaver and I will always be so grateful for her help during that time.

okay, so to finish the story... on Saturday, we had lunch in this building right next to our hotel on the way back from our Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island adventure. As we were heading back to our hotel room, I hear a child cry out (and as every mother knows when you are away from your little one even on vacation you notice everyone else's children) and I look at the little girl who cried out and recognize her as Miriam! No kidding I knew it was Miriam and I look up to the parent and see Glenn pushing her along in a stroller! I am dying by this point because of all the people in NYC, we actually ran into our friends. It is still unreal as I am relating the story. Anyway, David walks up to Glenn (April and Rebekah headed towards a public restroom) and says, "Hey man, can I borrow $50?" Glenn turns around and it was hilarious to watch the smile on his face as he recognized it was David. Too funny. We got to catch up with Glenn and April and their precious daughters, Rebekah and Miriam. It was such a neat experience. And yes, we all had our cameras with us and didn't take any pictures, but luckily April's dad just took this one as we were all talking. FUN!

1 comments:

April said...

Kinsey -- your description is much better than mine. It was so fun to run into you guys. It made my day that is for sure. I was amazed that we actually saw you guys, given how busy and crowded NYC is. I am glad your mommy sensors were working. I still think it is crazy that you recognized Miriam without even meeting her. Glenn told me later how David got his attention. I had to laugh and then it made me miss you guys. I love those friends who when you see them it seems like a day hasn't gone by since you have last seen them. You guys are definitely your friends. It was so great to see you guys!