Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Retirement living anyone?

We went to visit a retirement home with Grandma and Stuart (David's dad's mom and her husband) and eat dinner there. Yes, dinner was at like 4:30 p.m. but hey, it was free, right? Touring the retirement community truly reminded me of touring my college dormitory. You have an apartment all to yourself but then you have lots of neighbors (male and female, some couples, some singles) along with a library, game room, barber shop, etc. It is like going to college, living in a dorm, and NOT having to go to class or study! I mean this concept is quite phenomenal. I am totally game for it when I get of retirement age. Of course, David says that will be when we reach 50 or so and we wouldn't be eligible. :) Anyway, the food was pretty good - bland for obvious reasons but you seriously could get anything you want. We definitely recommend retirement living to those older than 80 or so. This is a picture of Drew riding on Stuart's lap up as we were leaving the place with David and his grandmother. Of course, the people could not stop staring at Drew and they really loved having a little boy running around in their midst. We told Grandma and Stuart we would be glad to visit them here.

1 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

free dinner huh? Don't worry I'm keeping Neil Young as far away as I can from my son!!!